Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Welcome to life!

Hey! So I feel like running away! Far away! (With Derek and Titan, of course). Preferably to a place that has absolutely no women and no drama! As you know, I have currently been promoted to supervisor and who knew one minor change in a title could be a MAJOR change behind the scenes in the work place?! I have been burned out, sold out, lied to, lied about, hung to dry and stabbed in the back. And that's to name a few. But on the up side, I've been thinking hard about how to be the best supervisor I can be. I want every one in my office to feel appreciated because really, they all work hard. I can definitely see why medical dramas are a hot item on the television. You find all the juicy stuff there...*sigh*

I am loving having a one-year old for a baby. That boy is the funnest thing ever. I am sad, though because my time spent with him is very limited. Sometimes he wakes up just minutes before I leave for the office and goes to bed an hour after I get home. If you ask him to flex his muscles, he lifts up his arms and grunts. He loves to say "daddy" and "mum-mum", and he loves feeling his teeth with his tongue. He is super goofy and happy and he makes my day so much better when I get home. He even leans in to give us kisses and that's my favorite.

Derek is Mr. Crocker, over here. He made the best meal I've ever had in my life today. Check it out:

Cream Cheese Enchiladas

2 8 oz. packages of cream cheese, softened
1 c. sour cream
2 10-oz cans mild green chile enchilada sauce
1/4 c. jalapenos, chopped
1 lb. ground beef, browned and drained
1/2 c. shredded sharp cheddar cheese
1 sweet onion, chopped
8 to 12 flour tortillas

In a large bowl, blend together cream cheese, sour cream, enchilada sauce and jalapenos; set aside. Combine ground beef and shredded cheese in another bowl; set aside. Fill each tortilla with 1 to 2 tablespoons cream cheese mixture and 1 to 2 tablespoons beef mixture. Sprinkle each with onion and olives; cover with remaining cream cheese mixture. Bake at 400 degrees for 30 to 40 minutes; cover if top begins to brown. Garnish with olives, tomato, lettuce and green onion if so desired. (We ate it without garnish and it was awesome.) Makes 8 servings.

You won't be disappointed! P.S. My blog may be going private in the next couple of days so if you want me to send you an invite; leave your email address below please. Thanks!

10 comments:

  1. I've been blog stalking you for about a month now. :) I'd love to still be able to keep up with you guys. I was in Derek's ward growing up. lisa.stonehocker@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey!! my email is lexyalmquist@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Lauren I want to be added to your blog! chani6487@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Make sure you don't miss me!
    allisonbrewer@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. yikes, office drama sucks. i don't even know half of what's going on but it sounds rough. hope everything gets better for you though, i'm sure it will:) eskoien@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so sorry about the office drama. That is no fun. I am glad that you have a beautiful family to come home to though! You are blessed with that because not everyone has that and that is the BEST thing in the WORLD! :) You are awesome and I sure miss you. Don't forget to invite me to see your blog...anthonynmarcella@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for all the comments and support! Having a family really is the best. And Lisa- no problem on the blog stalking! Invite me to yours! My email is laurensikora@hotmail.com. Derek has told me stories about you so it's nice to put a name to a face! He told me about when you accidentally asked him to a dance haha. I love it

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'd love an invite Lauren:) mirboushka@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. My email is mk_penrod@yahoo.com, I would love to keep reading your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  10. My email is jamiekad@yahoo.com. I love to read your blog. Your family is the cutest!!

    ReplyDelete