Monday, September 26, 2011

I'll have a # 2, biggie size...


I am 23 weeks pregnant today.

Yikes.

So little time left to prepare for things! But that's okay. The other day I was feeling rather skinny and I thought to myself, "Hey, not a bad feeling to have at 5 months pregnant!"

Well that feeling was veeery short-lived. The next day I felt 25 months pregnant and could hardly bend down to pick things up. I'm thinking this might be why:

As I was transitioning from my civilian doctor off-post to my Army OB/GYN, I had to fill out a boat load of papers. They asked every question under the sun. Here's how it went:

1. Would you consider your eating habits good, fair or poor?

*I went ahead and set my pride aside and circled "POOR". Next.

2. List what you ate yesterday and the amount. (Really???)

*Also, decided not to lie. I listed Waffes, Ice Cream Floats and Ramen Noodles. I chose to skip the "amount" part.

3. Would you say this describes your eating habits every day?

*Hmm. YES.

Luckily, though- I've only gained 10 pounds. By now with Titan I'd gained at least 25. Boo. But at least I was eating tons of proteins like meat, eggs, cheese, etc. Now I just eat CRAP.

But in my defense, I have a child who will eat about 4 things consistently. Pizza, waffles, oatmeal and crackers. The kid doesn't even like Mac N Cheese! And it's the "Cars 2" edition!

I don't have a hubby at home to scarf down my big, well thought out, took forever to cook meals either so what do I do? Eat crap.

Sue me.

4 comments:

  1. Eat what you want!!! As long as you and your baby are happy and healthy that is all that matters.

    ReplyDelete
  2. your picture won't show up! .. um i love that you were totally honest with those questions. what did they say about your answers ?

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are one in the same Lauren. Half the week Greg is at school or closing at work during our dinner time. Tate and I happily eat frozen chicken nuggets and spaghetti 3-4 nights a week. "brownie breakfast" is also a common occurrence :)

    ReplyDelete