Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Yes, please!




I have secretly become obsessive over Pinterest. For the longest time, I had no idea what it was and had no desire to find out. But alas, I got a wild hair one day and decided to check it out. My eyes grew wide with all the amazing things they were being exposed to! I found so many amazing recipes, quotes, craft ideas and much more...along with this little dilly whopper you see above. It's called Bacon Ranch Pull Apart Bread. Does that not sound like the best thing ever?!

I have yet to make it, but I'm thinking it will make a great appetizer for Christmas Eve while at my in-laws house. If anyone else wants to try it out, tell me how it tastes! Here are the directions:

1 loaf of unsliced sourdough bread (preferably round)
8-12 oz cheddar cheese, thinly sliced
3 oz bag of Oscar Meyer real bacon bits
1/2 cup butter, melted
1 tablespoon ranch dressing mix

Use a sharp knife and cut the bread horizontally and vertically, but be sure not to cut all the way through. Place slices of cheese and bacon through the cuts. Mix the butter and ranch, then pour over the loaf of bread. Wrap the entire loaf in foil and place on a baking sheet. Cook at 350 degrees for 15 minutes. Remove foil from bread and place back in oven for an additional 10 minutes, or just until the cheese has completely melted.

I think my mouth is salivating just typing this up. Someone make it and tell me how it turns out! (Or...if you live in the Phoenix valley, I'd be happy to stop by and taste test it...)

1 comment:

  1. OH my freaking gosh. That is what i am craving right now. And it looks simple to make! Isn't pinterest the best friend you never had?? Post some hot belly pics of that little girl soon!

    ReplyDelete