Friday, December 23, 2011

The Moments We Live For.



This kid.

There was a time when we didn't get along. I didn't know how to be a Mother; in fact, I'm still learning every day. I would get up early, make him a breakfast that he wouldn't eat. I would play with him and it wasn't enough. He would throw fits at naptime. He wouldn't eat lunch, wouldn't eat dinner and wouldn't go to bed at night. It was hard to feel like being a Mother was "worth it" during those times. But this child is the sweetest, smartest, most loving kid I have ever met in my lifetime.

Derek and I woke up freezing the other night at around 4:15 AM. I went into the hall to flick on the heater and had a feeling to go in and cover up Titan. I found him cold, in a ball on his bed with his face buried in his pillow. He was awake, just waiting for someone to tuck him under his covers since he can't really do it himself. I covered him with his wubby, then with his comforter. He looked up at me and said, "I Love You". It melted my heart! I whispered, "I Love You, too" back to him. He looked up at me a second time and said, "I Love You" and I smiled. I told him, "I Love You, too" once again then walked out of his room. He didn't make a peep after that and he slept until almost 7 AM.

Those are the moments we live for as parents. I love you, little Titan!

2 comments:

  1. aw what a sweetheart! thanks for sharing :)
    p.s when i was reading this i was kind of shocked for a second because flick does NOT look like flick in this font haha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha WHOA! Thanks Emme, I had no idea! That is kinda scary. Haha.

    ReplyDelete