Saturday, October 30, 2010



I AM A DAD

Now Derek isn't actually the one blogging here, it's me. But I wanted to share some funny experiences I've had since Derek is now our "Stay at Home Dad".

Everyday I come home from work to a spotless house. One particular day I said, "Wow! The house is so clean. Thanks for cleaning!" And Derek replies, "Yeah. I'm going to stop cleaning it! Every time I clean it, it just gets dirty again!" (Hmm...somehow I can relate to this...)

One day while thanking him for doing the dishes, he says, "Ugh! That dishwasher! It's such a piece of junk. And you know...I'd rather just wash the dishes when it's 3/4 full because otherwise I just keep looking for a certain dish and it's dirty. No matter what I do, there are always dishes in the sink!" (Another story I somehow relate to...)

Yesterday I got home from doing my visiting teaching and he mentions he'd like to get out of the house. (Cabin fever?) Later I asked him if maybe it would help him to get out during the day. He says, "There's no where to go! And the only thing there is to do is shop!" (I guess this is why women are always coming home with a new pair of shoes!)

And here is the kicker. Derek hates cleaning. He likes to tidy up the house, but not the nitty gritty stuff like organizing or cleaning the toilets. I, however, love to clean! So it's a win-win for us. BUT, the other day, he comes into the kitchen and asks, "Is it okay if I spend some time just cleaning out my side of the closet and organizing stuff?" (???????? Really???????) This here is a true sign you have become

A STAY AT HOME DAD.

I sure do love this guy...he is my hero.

No comments:

Post a Comment