Thursday, October 28, 2010


I AM A MOM.


I guess I have officially grown into my motherly body and mind. Today I began thinking about life and how one day we will live in a house and have more children and run them back and forth from soccer practice to church activities and back home. We will probably have a dog and hopefully a yard that our kids can run around in. They'll come home from school and plop their Dora the Explorer and Transformers backpacks in the entry way and have pieces of artwork from school pinned up on the fridge. I had this overwhelming feeling of sadness. (Not what you would expect!) I never realized until today, just how hard it will be when my kids grow up. One day they won't need me anymore...or so they'll think. : ) One day, they'll think I know nothing and they will push me away. They'll think I never knew what it was like to be their age and have their problems. But one day they'll marry and have their own kids and the circle of joy will continue all over again. So before I go on thinking that life with a baby can be tough, I'll remember how lucky I am to have a baby this age. Because I love it! And sometimes I wish I could freeze him in time and keep him 10 months forever.

6 comments:

  1. i'm glad you've grown into your mom-ness :) i'm excited for when that time comes for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. being a mother is awesome and yes they do grow up way to fast. i'm sad i never get to see you guys when you come to town. i want to see your little guy. is he walking?

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great post you now inspire me! I do feel sad a lot about my babies growing up Jackson is six and he already pulls his hand away when we are in public it breaks my heart but I also love seeing him learn and grow and do new things being a mom is the best!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ugh I totally get anxiety about Cole growing up and what if he falls in love with a girl who takes him away from our family (happened to a bro in law and its so sad). Or what if the girl doesn't like me or do things the "right" (my way) way? Its so stressful. Cody always tells me when I want Cole to stop growing to be thankful he is growing because that means he's healthy and alive. true true. Being a mom is tough but I love love love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. 1.) you're beautiful

    2.) i like when you blog about being a mom. it helps me to feel more prepared, haha :) blog away!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This post so made me cry. Being a Mom is the most difficult job in the WHOLE WORLD. It is. It is also the ONLY job in the WHOLE WORLD that can be so satisfying and rewarding. It is so hard to watch our sweet babies grow up, but on the same hand, watching them grow into responsible, strong, beautiful, wonderful adults is the best feeling ever! You are a sweet Mom and I love you dearly!

    ReplyDelete