Sunday, February 13, 2011

Is there such thing as TOO much?


Does your life ever feel like this? A post with signs pointing four different directions and yet each destination is pretty much the same as the other? Yeah, that's me. Life, Work and Home can be one entity sometimes. Although I have been trying to leave negative news at the door when I walk into my home. That way my husband doesn't get his own re-told version of my sometimes Jerry Springer-like day.

On Friday, I felt like this:


Why, you ask? Well, one middle-aged woman came in for an x-ray and while filling out paperwork, there is a space that asks for your age. She got all tangled up into a hizzy and couldn't remember her age so she said, "Ah, what? I gotta put my age? I don't know it! Here!" and flung her paper at me. I laughed because of course I thought this must be a joke. Well, I quickly realized it indeed WAS NOT.

Another lady called me earlier to confirm her appointment with us. After looking her up in our system, I found she was a week off and her appointment wasn't until NEXT Friday. She laughed and said "ok" and we came to the conclusion that she was going to be seen next week, as scheduled. Well, 3 hours later she shows up bright eyed and bushy tailed, ready for her exam. I asked, "Ma'am? Do you remember calling me earlier? We laughed and talked for a long time about how your appointment is next week. Remember?" She says, "Oh dear. No I don't!" While I felt awful for this cute little lady, my brain was just about fried because not only had I been thinking for myself all day- but I had been thinking for everyone else. Haha (This is funny, but only in retrospect.)

So...the kicker. Last night I had NIGHTMARES! About none other but MRI's. Seriously?! Do I work that much? I mean, I did work close to 50 hours this past week and that is definitely a lot for a working mom but heck- waking up at 4:50 AM because I can't sleep because I'm having nightmares of people adding patients on at the end of the day and making me stay later at work??? This could be unhealthy. I think I need a vacation.

So next time you talk to me and I seem a little off, my mind probably went here:

3 comments:

  1. It IS break time...
    come see us in Indiana...we are only 2 hours away from Chicago...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your nice comments, it made my day.
    And i love reading your blog too, you are so full of life!
    I hope you guys are doing well!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel pretty frazzled sometimes too and I don't even work out of the home. I think everyone should be required to have a monthly vacation to recharge. You are a tuff mommy and work so hard.

    ReplyDelete