Saturday, February 5, 2011

Husbands.

You know, I've been thinking a lot about HUSBANDS lately and I'm not sure how to roll it all up into one blog post, but I'll give it a try. I have found that:

*Wives who are constantly bringing their husbands up negatively in conversation are only making fools of themselves...usually people enjoy the husband and no one likes the wife.

*People think husbands have a one-track mind and are uneducated in anything womanly. Well, how much do you know about manly things? Could you go out to the shooting range and hit the target with your 22 caliber gun? Could you go to work every day at a job you very well may despise for 40 + hours a week and come home and give your husband a foot massage only to get harped on at how stupid you are at life? Could you tell him to kick back and relax while he plays video games and hangs out with his friends and spends money you've earned because you feel like "he needs a break"? Teach and learn. Life is about give and take, people. Are you perfect?

*Being a good husband is probably a really hard job.

*Every now and then, husbands like surprises too. They just might not prefer roses. : )

*Husbands are usually the ones taking flack for things. I've always thought that was ridiculous. Haha. Without Derek, I would probably get ripped off by mechanics, wouldn't know how to change my tire if I was stranded on the highway with a blowout, I wouldn't always understand politics, I'd never know when my oil needs changing and I wouldn't be able to fix our internet problems. When it comes down to it- we should be thanking our husbands for the awesome jobs they do for us and our kids every day.

Now even if these ARE good books (I don't know because I haven't read them so I don't wanna judge a book by its cover!) - wouldn't the title alone make you feel like a moron??? Poor husbands. I think they deserve more than this...what do you say? I know mine does.






This is a shout-out for you, Derek! I think you're super awesome. I love you & thanks for all you do for us!

6 comments:

  1. Totally LOVE this post, and I totally agree!!! Husbands are amazing, and yours is one of the best!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Brooke! I know you've got yourself an awesome hubby, too! I'll pass along the compliment to Derek : ) Hope you're doing awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. yah you made some good points, husbands are totally awesome and deserve more credit for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Husbands are amazing! We ALL deserve more then we get...compliments, beautiful (handsome), encouragements, praise, responsible, funny, smart, humorous, bighearted, etc. from the spouse. We should do the magic ratio 5 compliments to 1 negative comment...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this post ! I have an amazing husband it's always good to think of things from their perspective now and then!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The Proper Care and Feeding of Husbands is actually a really good book. My Dad bought one for me and each of my sisters because he loved it so much. My husband liked it too. Although, I must say my Mother-in-law hated it. But that's probably because she doesn't take criticism well... Anywho... I totally agree with your post. Life would be aweful without a husband around.

    ReplyDelete