Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Finally, some good news!






     Our poor little Titan has struggled with ear infections his entire life. And sadly enough, I believe our little Claire is having all the same problems. Titan had two ruptured ear drums last fall and the day before Mother's day he had another. When we took him to the doctor, he had a double ear infection (although only the one ear drum had actually burst). The ENT said there was still plenty of fluid remaining in his ears and this is what keeps him from being able to hear well, which ultimately ends up causing him to not be able to speak well either. We scheduled him for surgery to have tubes placed last Saturday. There were problems with the insurance so we were forced to wait another week. Finally, this morning we got news that everything went through and he is good to go for tube placement on Saturday! I'm hoping this will be like a miracle for him and all of the sudden he'll be able to talk and hear and all his senses will sort of just sharpen up. I feel like we are giving him the greatest Christmas present or something. And it's a huge present for me as well, because I've had to try and crack his code for the past year and the two of us get pretty frustrated with each other when we can't communicate well. But we've done awesome. I'm just glad it's coming to an end! I love you, little T-man. Good luck on Saturday! 

2 comments:

  1. We got Camden tubes (shortly after he turned one) and it changed our lives! You will not regret it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love you my little pal! I will be praying for great success! I can't wait to see my little sweeties!

    ReplyDelete