Sunday, April 24, 2011

8 weeks and counting...

Eight weeks until what, you ask?

Moving time!

I'd like to say that I'll be "Moving Back to America".

Packing our things in plastic totes: Check. But not done.

Looking for an apartment in Georgia: Check. Also not done.

Spending quality time with the fam: No check. Jobs ruin everything, don't they???

This is a bitter-sweet time for me, I think. Although I'm constantly finding and pointing out the rather humorous things in El Paso, it's the only place Derek and I have lived as a married couple. I (sort-of) know my way around. I am (a little) acquainted with people at church, I (for the most part) enjoy my job. Eh? Notice the bittersweet here? Maybe El Paso is where the bittersweetness stems from...not the fact that I'll be a Southern Girl for a half a year or more.



I've never been known for my navigational skills, in fact when Derek and I visit Albuquerque (my home for 15 years of my life), I can't even tell where I am half the time. So, with trees as my personal block-it-all, I'm not sure how I'll even find the nearest grocery store. Thus the reason my loving husband has already told me in advance (bless his heart for not being able to keep secrets) that I'll be receiving one of these for my birthday next month.



And that's it! Happy Easters! (Yes, the "s" is intentional. *See Nacho Libre)

4 comments:

  1. Moving...how fun! We will be moving back to NM this summer..but next fall back to Indiana- so we will be closer (kinda)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My husband loves that movie. I'm more partial to Napoleon. I want a GPS so bad. It makes driving so much more fun. Even if you do know where you're going.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I bet it will be a fun move for your family. The GPS is always a good idea. We had to buy one before we moved here, so nice. The GPS has some really cool features that are nice for just driving around.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lauren, It's Lara. I lived in Georgia for a year and LOVED every moment of it. If your going to Fort Benning and want pointers of where to live and where to shop and all that let me know I can help you out. Just message me on Facebook. I'm secretly really jealous of you getting to move there. I would go back in an instant

    ReplyDelete