Saturday, August 13, 2011

Oh HEEEEY!


I love this picture. It's like he's an old man, relaxing while reading the paper. This is T-man at his checkup last week. He has officially grown into himself! He is now in the 30th percentile for height and weight (instead of the 3rd percentile or lower) and he was blessed with the sturdy and large Hargrove noggin, putting him in the 90th percentile for head circumference. Way to go, buddy!


This is me this week. Wednesday, I think. So I was 16 1/2 weeks here and was heading off to the gym. I have only gained 6 pounds now, so I think people were wondering if I was bloated or if I was pregnant. Thursday night though my belly just POOFED out and I think I officially look pregnant.


Titan has almost mastered eating with a spoon by himself. He doesn't have the scooping part down, but he can definitely put it in his mouth and he does great! This is him eating cereal this morning. It was actually quite the mess. When teaching your kid to use a spoon, I would suggest starting with more...solid, less rolly-aroundy foods. We had quite a few Reese's Puffs balls on our kitchen floor. I know. Reese's Puffs. Not the healthiest cereal out there. You pick your battles, people.

So life at the Hargrove home has been better. I feel as though I'm officially slipping back into my role as a stay at home mother. I have been able to have a lot of great bonding experiences with Titan this past week, thanks to pretty much every plan I had falling through. I guess it was a blessing in disguise : ) We miss Derek like crazy and have only been allowed to have a conversation with him one day since actual Basic Training began. It's been the hardest, most challenging thing I have ever done in my lifetime. But with challenging experiences comes refinement and I'm hoping each day to be a more refined individual. More patient, kind, loving, tactful, happy, helpful. Trust me, I wish I could just buy all of those qualities at the store, but I've learned it just doesn't work that way. Thank you to any of you who gave me advice and words of encouragement. Any tips on parenting that you have, bring them on because I feel like the guy in those movies who gets thrown into being a babysitter (like The Rock on The Pacifier) and I don't know the first thing about parenting sometimes! Yet I can't call Mr. Mom. Anyways, that's about it for us! We get to have our Derek back in 3 1/2 weeks, although it will only be for about 24 hours or less. We will take it!





2 comments:

  1. good to hear you're doing better :) i hope you don't feel like i'm ignoring you on my blog. i never write back to your questions in your comments because i don't know if you'll come back to read the answer. anyway. life's great over here.
    wish i had parenting advice to give you but i don't haha. i guess you can hand me some though once we start having kids :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i wish we lived closer too!!!
    we're adjusting... a big city is definitely different than rexburg, ID....
    as a parent big cities don't seem quite as appealing...
    how are you holding up?? how have you been feeling?
    if titan is as busy as max, i would like you to tell me how you cope especially being pregnant!!! wonder woman!!!
    miss ya!!

    ReplyDelete