Thursday, August 4, 2011

Since You've Been Gone

Doesn't reading the title just make you want to bust out in the Kelly Clarkson song? That's what it did to me. Since Derek has been gone, we've:

Gone to Fort Benning for some pre- Fourth of July celebrations


Watched a lot (and I mean A LOOOOT) of Sesame Street


Eaten over at a friend's house for a BBQ


Worn a heart monitor due to the insane amount of stress and a couple of passing out episodes


Played on the swings and gone on walks almost daily


Indulged in some disgustingly huge homemade breakfast burritos


Caught a plane to El Paso to visit family


Visited the utterly enormous city of Atlanta


Had family come visit us in Georgia


Watched this little one change from a bean to a baby


Taken pictures of ourselves to send to Daddy


Bounced around at a kid's playhouse



Checked out the Kiddie section of the library (which is AWESOME)


Spent time with Jordan and Lindsey



Watched my belly go from THIS


To this


To this


To this


To this


And finally to THIS- I'm almost 16 weeks and have gained 5 pounds so far



Life is still chugging along but we cannot WAIT to have our Derek back.

3 comments:

  1. Oh Lauren! I am sorry you are so stressed you have to monitor yourself!!! THAT IS CRAZY! You have such a cute little family and look FANTASTIC. Seriously. You are tiny as ever...you better eat for baby! Anyways hope things work out well. Enjoy the time you two have together because before you know it baby will come and it is so hard to remember how it was with just one. Cherish every minute because it flies by. I love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Look at that cute belly you have. It would be fun to be closer and compare bellies. I am sorry you have to wear a heart monitor for your stress that is no fun. I have been passing out also but it is because my blood pressure drops so fast. I hope you feel better soon. Even though I am not your visiting teacher I am still praying for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. sounds like you're staying super busy and having fun! your belly is so cute. and as for the heart monitor, are you ok????

    ReplyDelete