Monday, August 22, 2011

Would you look at THAT!



Ladies, is this not the most attractive person you've ever laid eyes on? I would say OF COURSE IT IS! I've posted this picture on my Facebook account, leaving some of you lucky enough to get a double dose of this stud muffin.

This is Derek.

He is in his 9th week of Basic Combat Training (BCT). In the 9 weeks he's been gone, he has become a squad leader, a platoon leader, a buddy to his drill sergeant (by the way, that never happens), and he's baptized 4 people. He has earned the respect of everyone around him, he has been nominated for Soldier of the Cycle meaning the #1 soldier over every single Basic Training soldier at his post right now. He is currently a skinny-winny. His food is rationed and sometimes he eats MRE's while he's in the field. He has a tan line around his neck and wrists from where he wears his ACU's, and around his eyes where he wears his safety glasses. He has earned badges for being an excellent marksman- hitting 40 out of 40 targets from a great distance away. He came in second place in a running exercise against all of the other platoons and companies. The guy who took first place ran Track & Field at Baylor University. He is absolutely nothing short of incredible and I'm so proud to be his wife. Every time I see my last name on his ACU nametape, when I sign my name at the bottom of a check or when I say my last name to someone I've just met- I always do so with pride. Because there is no one in the world I'd rather be than Derek Hargrove's wife.

5 comments:

  1. That is so great, I'm so glad that he is excelling!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great job he's doing!! that's so amazing! congratulations to him and you. what i was most impressed by was baptizing 4 people. holy cow!
    doesn't it feel so good to be proud of you husband? wouldn't it be so sad to be ashamed or embarassed of your spouse? that'd so hard.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have one hot cousin! haha! Sounds like he's loving it. So when do you find out what you're having?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good job derek!!! We are proud of him, and YOU for that matter. I don’t know who’s job is harder right now, yours or his. (i’m gonna say yours) congrats on having a girl!!! woo hoo!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome! I think the 4 baptisms was definitely his greatest accomplishment so far. Way to go Derek! The other stuff is pretty darn impressive too though.

    ReplyDelete