Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Lucky Us...

How amazing is it that I am born into a wonderful family. A family that is close. A family whose parents are not divorced.

How blessed am I that I am a citizen of the United States of America...the wealthiest and most coveted country in the WORLD.

How incredible is it that I am a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints...the only true church on the face of the EARTH.

What a gift it has been, to have had the opportunity and ability to go to school and learn ever since I was a child.

Thinking of these things reminds me of how blessed people like myself truly are. And how much we take these blessings for granted. I know I used the word "Lucky" in the title of my post, but when it comes to things like the above mentioned...I do not believe in luck. We aren't LUCKY. Things didn't happen to us by CHANCE. We are, however, BLESSED. And we were given these things for a REASON.

I am not the best missionary. But I should be. I have so many interactions with others throughout my day. A while back, I brought a stack of old magazines to put in the waiting room of our office. They included Outside, Parents, Costco Connection, and The Ensign. And I cannot believe how many people read The Ensign in our waiting room! I'm ashamed to say it but...I'd probably put it down and read a different one. Would you?

I challenge you to write down 100 things you feel you are BLESSED with. I will, too and I'll make it my next post. Until then...




3 comments:

  1. this is such a good post. it's so important to reconize your blessings, like you said blessings not luck, and be grateful for them. not to cast a shadown on this, but america's not the wealthiest, it's actually about 10th, and almost everyone hates americans haha. but it's still a great place to live. way better than a lot of other countries for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh your so cute! Thanks for your nice comment. We love Dallas. Your little one looks adorable, perfect mix of you both. Take care!

    ReplyDelete