Friday, September 3, 2010

Oh, Balls. Here we go again.

Speaking of balls, we are babysitting THIS guy...
...and Scooter. My parents and Sheridan went to see Garrett graduate from Army Basic Training in South Carolina. So here we are, back at my parents' house! Except this time, there aren't a million people here- so Titan actually takes naps (because it's somewhat quiet in the house) and it's easier to not feel like you're in anyone's way. Also, we live down the street- so if we need anything, we can just run home.


Since a few of my last posts have mostly included words and no pictures, hopefully I can make up for it with this post of plenty! Over the last few months, we've done some fun stuff! First, we went to the El Paso Museum of Art. It was pretty cool! There are a lot of strange & modern pieces of art, but I really enjoyed it.




The museum gift shop had these beautiful flowers in little tubes, so I picked one up and sniffed it, then put it back and kept walking around. My sister saw me and asked, "What's on your FACE?", then Derek came up behind her and looked a little weirded out and asked the same question. It scared me, because I thought I had a bug on my face or something, so I quickly wiped my cheek. The result? The above picture. So to make me feel better, Derek went and sniffed a flower, too. What a guy. : )


We decided to give vacationing another shot. So instead of going a great distance, we went to Albuquerque for a weekend. We visited grandparents and went to the Zoo. We also visited an old family friend of ours and ate at Dion's Pizza and OF COURSE...Boba Tea. De-lish. Delivers every time.




The above picture is how I found Titan while walking next to his stroller. He doesn't always like to be strapped in, but this is where the line must be drawn! He's so energetic and lively- I love it, except for that I'm always finding him in strange places. For example:


Standing by grandpa while we bowl. (Not such a strange place, but he loves being independent)

Climbing into his toy bin after bath time.

Hiding in a shoebox we keep his toys in.

Perched atop his car seat base.

And lest we forget...holding onto parts of our faces. This has become a new thing for him. He'll grab onto your ear while you walk around with him in your arms, he squeezes the heck out of your flesh with his needle nails, honks on your nose, pulls your hair...the list goes on. But he is so much fun. And he has 2 teeth now!

And last but not least, Jordan has left for BYU-Idaho. Titan definitely loves his uncle Jordan. When they meet again, Titan will be only 2 weeks from his first birthday. Good luck, Jord! We love you.

1 comment: