Sunday, June 13, 2010

Close Call!


Derek and both had an interesting day the other day. It was Friday. On Thursday, however, I remember having this strange feeling about Derek being involved in an accident that day (don't worry, I have a sixth sense- this is normal for us). Well nothing happened Thursday. But FRIDAY, Derek calls me to say he had an interesting afternoon. He was driving to the Eastside of El Paso and his mind was elsewhere. When he was about 3/4 of the way through an intersection, he realized he had just blown through the RED LIGHT. How scary?! Well, at almost the same time that was happening, Titan and I were heading down the stairs of our apartment building to go to the car. I was on the second stair from the top when my tennis shoe got stuck in my opposite leg's jeans at the bottom. I totally tripped and SOMEHOW caught myself on the next stair. I stood there like..???... So yeah- Titan and I would have tumbled our way to the bottom and Derek could have gotten T-boned! Those were some close calls! It scares me to think of what would have happened if we hadn't been saved! My life would have been in shambles if something happened to Derek. So I knelt in prayer and made sure Heavenly Father knew I was EXTREMELY grateful for the way that day turned out. Whew!


That night we went out to eat Cici's Pizza, see Iron Man 2 and get my fave...a grape cream slush from Sonic. (For some reason their straws tasted like dust that night). But anyway- Iron Man 2 was so awesome. I love comic book movies. And I really like Gwyneth Paltrow. But why is she not in more movies? And why is her daughter's name Apple? To each his own. My name probably comes up in conversation and people are like, "Ugh- why is her son's name Titan???". Well, it just is. Did you know Julia Robert's son's name is Phinaeus? That is also Derek's nick name my dad gave him. Because mine is Ferb. So, if you've ever seen the cartoon Phineus and Ferb, you'd know why we're named that. I'm not sure how my post got to this point. I guess I'm just rambling now. Very tired. Titan has been teething, I guess. (Although I've yet to see the tooth result of this whiney-ness). So he has been waking up multiple times in the night and I'm just not a big fan. I like to sleep. And not in 10 minute increments. Or even one hour increments! So I guess I better start to sleep now since I'm not sure when this personal alarm clock is next set to go off. Nighty night!

No comments:

Post a Comment