Monday, June 28, 2010

Moving!




Holy Coooooooooooooooooooow. You never realize how much stuff you have until you move! Derek and I have lived in the same apartment since we got married, a year and seven months ago. I even go through the house every now and then and de-junkify. I hate junk! And yet, when you move- there is no way around it. Junk, junk, junk. And little things! Like paper clips, erasers for the tops of pencils...who uses pencils? Why do I even HAVE that? It's almost like you feel like you could be on Hoarders! And how in the world is it possible that such a small person (Titan) has more STUFF than Derek & I combined??? Ok, maybe that was an exaggeration but still...that kid has a lot of stuff. And it's not like you can get rid of anything, either. Sometimes that bulky swing saves your life when there's too much whiny-ness going on. That bouncy chair is what allows me to make lunch at 11:30 every day while he watches Baby Einstein. His Pack n Play is absolutely essential, no explanation needed. His Johnny Jumper keeps me sane while I'm trying to make the bed or put away laundry. If he can see me, he's happy! And I don't have to do anything to keep him that way. So the junk continues. The apartment we are leaving behind is a one bedroom, one bath. We're moving into a two bedroom, one bath. But we're leaving our complex because we found a good deal! We'll be paying the exact same price for a two bedroom as we are now for a one bedroom. Cannot complain. And we are very glad to have family close by so that we had help moving. Thanks Mom & Jord : ) Things go by faster with lots of help. Happy Moving!

P.S. It's way too dang hot. I never thought I'd hear myself say this, considering I love love love Arizona and I was born & raised in the hot southwestern desert but check it out: this is Derek after coming home from work. Since he rides a motorcycle, he wears a backpack. Any guesses on what brand his backpack is? It's sweat-branded into his back! Hot, hot, hot : )



(Answer is : OGIO haha)

1 comment:

  1. Its so true how babies have so much stuff. I feel like i have to pack my whole house when we go anywhere for 3 days and its full of baby stuff. Good luck with the move!

    ReplyDelete