Sunday, June 20, 2010

Happy Father's Day!


Father's Day is a super special day for Derek and me! The very first time we met, five years ago, was on Father's Day! And then we reunited in Utah in 2008...also on Father's Day! And now here we are, a little family of three! Looking back on 2005, if someone had told me that in 5 years I'd be married to the only guy I've ever really loved, have a baby and the happiest life in the world- I'd think they were crazy! But I'd be so excited! And here I am, living the life I love.

I'd soooo love it if Derek never had to work ever again and could just play with us all the time! So I told Derek, "Wouldn't it be crazy if Heavenly Father made it so that there was no money? In order to get what we need, we'd just have to be good people. The more we helped others and were kind, the healthier we'd be. And the more we'd be provided for". Isn't that a great idea? It would be entirely up to us to be as He is because otherwise, we'd be sick and poor! I thought it was quite a good idea! : ) Anyways, I ended up telling Derek the words to a country song that runs along those lines. It goes:

If I could make a livin off of lovin you
I'd be a millionaire in a week or two
I'd be doin what I love and lovin what I do
If I could make a livin off of lovin you...

Happy Father's Day, Derek! Maybe someday I'll be able to make a livin off of lovin you! (I'd be really rich really fast). Love you!

Here is Derek and I when I was barely 18 and he was pretty fresh off of his mission at 21


Here we are when I was a junior at BYU and he was completing his senior year at BYU in 2008


And here we are, five years after the love began! One little happy family of three!

3 comments:

  1. Your idea of not living off money would be a grand idea!!! I love that idea~

    ReplyDelete
  2. aw that's so sweet:) and i LOVE the picture of the 3 of you on the grass. Titan is so cute! I don't know if you want to, but you can view my blog if you want. it's private though so i need your email address to send you a link. just throwing it out there...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE your family picture it's so dang cute and this is Ceri btw!

    ReplyDelete