Friday, May 14, 2010

The Hargrove Mileage

Everyday we add mileage to The Hargrove Family life! Although there are now 3 of us, I still say LIFE (singular) because really, we are a family- all of us trying to get to the same place in the end. It is one journey, and therefore it is one life. Each day we have the most hilarious experiences with Titan. Take this picture, for example. It is 7:30 in the morning and Derek is getting ready for work. I'm about to make breakfast and I hear Derek beckoning to me in a whisper to "Hurry! Come look!". So I walk over to where he is, staring at Titan's bassinet. And here is what we find!
He is such a stinker. We can't help but crack up at all of the silly things this little boy does. And how can you NOT LAUGH when this little face is staring at you from 10 feet away like..."Hey guys! So...could you take me out of here? Because I'm reeeeeally not tired anymore." (By the way, I had just fed him 2 hours earlier and he needed to sleep for AT LEAST another hour. But this hasn't been working so well lately.) Another funny thing he does is scrunch up his nose and smile really big. It's the best! He does this particularly when he looks in the mirror & sees himself. Boy, that kid has the potential to be vain! He sure does love seeing himself. If you could only see the faces he makes when he sees his reflection, pictures with him in it, or videos of himself. The miles Titan puts on his life bring us so much joy and fun times.

Another mileage racker-upper would be our adorable 1997 Honda Civic, lovingly named Wanda the Honda. A leak in the ole exhaust manifold, a replaced oxygen sensor and some new brakes are the only fixes we've dealt with. Pretty good for such an old car! And I must admit, I've loved driving a standard transmission vehicle. I tried driving my mom's suburban once after having my Honda and my left foot SHOVED the brake into place as if it was the clutch (oops?). I've driven more years with my standard car then I have with automatic so really, it's all I know anymore! The other day, Sher and I swung by Whataburger to grab mom a vanilla malt & an order of fries (cure for a bad day, I suppose!). Well, Sher saw my odometer and said, "Hey! Your car has 100,000 miles!" It was picture worthy so here it is! (Plus ten more miles for good measure).
Derek has been waiting anxiously for the day this baby hit 100,000 and he wasn't even there to see it! How sad! Our car was originally from Arizona, and had been stolen so it sat on a lot for a long time. When I bought it, it had 40,000 miles. Haha. Good deal! It was 4,900 bucks and worth every penny. Even though my brother was the one that sold it to me and I found out he sold it to me for 1,500 dollars more than he paid for it. Thanks, Jord. That guy is a wheeler & dealer!

And last but not least, El Paso is tacking the "Sick of El Paso" miles on our hearts. I shouldn't complain, because honestly, being so close to the murder capitol of the world, we are pretty safe here! It's just not the place we'd like to be for the rest of forever. Too many people that don't speak English, aren't proud to be American, shouldn't have drivers licenses and lack major common sense. Even just ONE of those items on the list are reason to not necessarily enjoy a place. I'm loving this new law that passed in Arizona about stopping people to check for illegal immigrants. But that is a story for another day. I could blog ten pages on how supportive I am of that new law. On the other hand, this has been one of the best wards we've been in and Derek has a very good opportunity with his work! And Titan can say he was born in Almost Mexico! (Another name for El Paso in our house..."Almost Mexico"). Truly, our life is great. As I blog, Titan snoozes in the other room with his binky half out of his mouth, Derek plays the new Guitar Hero 5 on the Wii and I sit on the couch by him- all cozy in my EAC sweatshirt from when I presided over the college. I often think to myself, "When life gets crazy, I'm going to look back to these days and think...those were the good days." So I want to enjoy them. All. : )

No comments:

Post a Comment