Thursday, May 6, 2010

Let's Get It Started!



Life in the Hargrove Home has been fun, as always! Everyday is such a great day to wake up and be married to Derek. He is my best friend in the whole world. He takes such good care of me. Let me explain:
1. He always sets my towel out in the mornings so I know I'm always welcome to join him for the morning shower. : )
2. Before he leaves for work, we eat breakfast together in our bedroom like a picnic, as to not wake the baby in our one bedroom apartment. Yes, the baby sleeps in the living room in his basssinett. Mean? Maybe. He's slept there since his 2nd week of life! He is too loud and too fidgety.
3. I always find toothpaste already put on my toothbrush. Anytime Derek puts toothpaste on his toothbrush, he makes sure to put it on mine, too. Such a small thing, but I think I smile every single time.
4. He texts me to tell me he got to work safely. Riding a bullet bike with the drivers here in El Paso is a dangerous game. I love knowing he's safe. He probably feels like a grade school kid reporting back to his mom every morning but he lets me know he's safe and I love that.
5. He comes home for lunch everyday. He only has an hour and it's about a 15 minute drive home and 15 minute drive back. It leaves him a measly 30 minutes but he's faithful. Everyday. And it's the best part of mine and T-man's day, of course!
6. First thing when he comes home from work, he looks around for me. (I'm usually in the kitchen making some concoction). When he finds me, he comes and gives me a big hug and kiss.
7. Every time we say family prayer or bless our food, he leans over and gives me a kiss. This equals like...at least 4 kisses that I don't even have to work for!
8. If I ever say anything like.."Is it cold in here?" or "I think Titan pooped", Derek will jump up to grab me a warm wubbie or come get Titan and change his diaper before I could even do anything about it!

These are just 8 of thousands of things like this he does for me. My mom has a Mr. Wonderful doll that says things like "Oh, can't your mother stay another week?" or "Sure, I'll just pull over and ask for directions" or "No, honey. I don't want to watch the game. Spending time with you is more important" hahaha. They are funny because MOST guys would NEEEEEVVVEERR say them. But Derek would! And I love that. He is so unafraid of being humble and genuine. Tonight he babysat baby T while my mom, Sheridan & I went to the Relief Society activity. He fed Titan, bathed him and put him to bed for me. I didn't have to do anything! So not only did I get to spend the night with my awesome family, but I came home to a happy hubby and a sleeping baby! Today was a good day. But like I said before, everyday is a great day to be married to your best friend.

He sure does love his daddy. Who wouldn't? Derek is the #1 most lovable guy I know. I have never met a human being with so many friends and people who love and respect him. I'm convinced there isn't one person in the entire universe that has met him and doesn't like him. I'm also convinced I'm married to the only perfect man on the earth. Lucky me, hey?

I think Titan is never quite as excited as I am about our little photo shoots.

This is our little T-man, as Derek calls him, eating rice cereal for the first time. I know he's only 4 months old and maybe shouldn't be eating this until he's about 6 months but my motherly instincts said "go ahead". He was waking up multiple times a night after he'd been sleeping a full 9 hours, then an additional 3 after I fed him around 5 AM. So I was going to have none of that!!! Derek & I are definitely two people that treasure their sleep. My mom thought maybe he was getting hungry so I spiked his leche with some rice and it was a good thing! He is much more fun the next day when we've all gotten a good night's rest.

1 comment:

  1. Very cute, Im glad you're so happy...you're family is adorable!

    ReplyDelete