Wednesday, May 19, 2010

This Day Was Inevitable



The title sounds like this post has the potential to be awful. But my situation is...I'm sick. What a crummy thing to be. I had a hard time being a mother the first few months of my baby's life and I often thought..."What if I get sick??? What will I do? How will I handle this?" And here I am. The day was inevitable. I'm just grateful it's NOW instead of when he was super little. At least now I can put him in his little bouncy chair that his awesome Grandma Hargrove gave him while he watches Baby Einstein or Mulan. (His favorite is actually Peter Pan). So I can't complain too much. My poor husband, however, got little to no sleep last night between Titan and I waking up. Titan sleeps in his bassinet in the living room. I sleep next to Derek. Now, Titan kept waking up because he's fallen in love with rolling from his belly to his back. He just sort of tips over once he pushes up on his knees. But since he's slept on his belly for so long, he doesn't know what to do when he's turned onto his back. He doesn't know how to sleep like that! (He is his mother's child). So at 11 pm he wakes up. At 3 I wake up. I am so full of milk that I have to pump. I probably had about 12 ounces of milk between both sides. I go back to bed. At 3:30 Derek has a belly ache. He wakes up & heads to the bathroom. He comes back to bed around 3:45. At 4 Titan wakes up again. Derek flips him over. At 4:30 I wake Derek up from moaning in my half-asleep & completely miserable state. Derek is probably wondering how long a night could possibly be! I offer to sleep on the couch, but finally resort to taking some Tylenol. And since I'm a weirdo and can't take pills without food, I popped in one of these babies (part of the cure for a sick day) to take with my medicine. At 5:20 Titan wakes up. I feed him. Thank HEAVENS, because now I'm out of milk and I love the feeling of being empty after a feeding! At 6:30 Derek's alarm goes off. He has earplugs in now (smart boy) and doesn't hear his phone obnoxiously buzzing around under his pillow. I poke his face. He hops in the shower and at 7:22 I finally arise. I actually slept! For about an hour and a half! That is great, because I didn't sleep for that much time straight through last night until then. At 7:36, however, Titan is bright-eyed and bushy tailed, smiling so big (like always) and just chit chatting to himself (and of course he had flipped over, as well). Derek and I ate breakfast and he headed off to work. I took T-man and snuggled him all up with me in the bed and we fell back asleep for another hour. When we awoke, this FINALLY concluded the night from about 10:30 pm yesterday. *Sigh*

Derek is a gem, he always is. He brought me home some lunch so I wouldn't have to make us anything. My appetite has been shot, which stinks. But I managed to eat one and a half Arby's Melts and a few curly fries. He then spent the rest of his lunch hour giving me a massage since my body ached so bad. He warmed me up a rice pack and I put it around my neck. I was in heaven. Until he had to leave : ( It's husbands like Derek that make being sick not nearly as bad as it could be. Also, my mom came by to watch Titan (an activity she and Titan both highly enjoy!) while I took a nap. Thank you, mama! I slept for 2 hours and I loved every minute. I had later thought what it must be like having multiple children and going through these everyday things. I don't even want to THINK about being sick & having multiple children running all over my house! That's why I'm not going to think about it. The End.

1 comment:

  1. HA HA HA HA HA Welcome to motherhood! Some nights are like that!! At least you can do it with a smile! I am glad you are feeling better!

    ReplyDelete