Tuesday, May 11, 2010

I Spy With My Little Eye

Derek came up with the clever little title for this blog today. He is the best. It's a very fitting title because all of the pictures I posted have something to do with this saying. This Mother's Day was so fun! Derek treated me like a queen (obviously). I woke up to my baby chit-chatting to himself in the other room. Then all of the sudden Derek sprung out of the covers and said, "I was waiting for him to get up so I could make you breakfast. That way I wouldn't wake him up by making noise. You stay here, okay? You can do whatever you want. You can blog, you can write in your journal..." I thought that was so sweet of him! But I must admit, the only thing I wanted to do was sleep longer. And so I did. For about 30 minutes. (And every mom knows 30 minutes DOES make a difference!) So when breakfast was ready, I was AMAZED. I shouldn't have been so amazed, however, because my husband is a professional chef. (Very excellent quality in a spouse. I wish I had this quality.) He made me Strawberry Stuffed French Toast. Soooo delicious. Better than Mim's Cafe. Promise. It involved thinly cut strawberries inside two pieces of normally made french toast (actually, minus the cinnamon). The inside had cream cheese, vanilla, powdered sugar and cinnamon. Mmmmm. Then he put syrup made of strawberries & Mrs. Buttersworth syrup with some water mixed in so it wasn't so thick. Topped it with powdered sugar and voila! The best breakfast ever! I love this guy. He also let me go to Relief Society with my mom and sister, meaning he took Titan into the nursery and had him the last hour. I loved that! It was nice to sit through a lesson like that with no distractions. Plus, we were given candy afterward so that was nice, too! For dinner, we made my mom some potato and biscuit dinner in a casserole dish. We had salad and corn on the side. We ate it at the Girl Scout Ranch where Sheridan and Garrett live. We presented mom with a big picture frame with pictures of the family inside. It was nice! Colin made mom a pot from the Magic Brush, where he used to work. It was cute! Mom gave Sher and I a book called "Have A Little Faith" by Mitch Albom (the same guy that wrote The Five People You Meet In Heaven and Tuesdays with Morrie). It's a super good book! I'm about half way through.
The picture of the spit up rag with orange stuff in it is another story. Titan likes to sit at the table with us and gawk at our food. We let him try our Sonic drinks, we give him Otter Pops often, I've given him Root Beer, some of my Blow Pop sucker, a french fry, my dad has let him lick a gummy bear, and Derek let him lick a Funyun tonight. Soooo, he wanted to "sit on my lap" which really meant he wanted a bite of my Buffalo Ranch Doritos. He reached over really quickly and snatched my Doritos, crumbling them in his fingers, and put them to his mouth. He had Dorito dust on his face and was licking his lips. (Little stinker.) Later on, he kept spitting up this orange stuff. Any guesses on what it was?
And last but not least, the Love Sac picture. I thought I was being sneaky when I asked Derek if he wanted to play Hide And Seek with me. Well he cracked up and asked, "In our one-bedroom apartment?" Yes, I understand how funny it would sound if someone asked you to play Hide and Seek in your one-bedroom apartment. However, I had a VERY good place to hide. He said, "I bet I know where you're going to hide." I made him go into the bathroom and shut the door and count to 30. I heaved the heavy Love Sac over my body and like...30 seconds later, came and found me! He laughed and said he knew that's where I'd hide. All that scheming up for nothing! I got a laugh out of it, though. Notice my toes hanging out the bottom. : )
Today I went to Park Days. The women in the ward with little kids will go every Tuesday to a different park and just hang out for a while. I really enjoyed this! I get cabin fever every now and then and there's only so much you can clean in a 720 sq. ft. apartment. So I hung out with about 4 other moms and it was great. I think being a mom is such a crazy adjustment and no one really gives any detail on how difficult it can be. So getting together with these moms makes you realize that just about everyone goes through the same things. It's nice to not feel alone in your experiences as a mom. I'm also just so glad I'm a member of this church, where we have things like Relief Society. I've really come to appreciate it. Life is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment