Friday, May 28, 2010

Pedicures On Our Toes, Toes

Well, I'm very aware I may just have lost a few friends after titling my post after the Ke$ha song but hey. It's my birthday. I do what I want. For any wife reading this, I'm sorry to inform you that your husband just isn't as good as mine. My birthday REALLY started last night. (And to be honest, I kept forgetting my birthday was approaching. Derek kept reminding me). One thing I love about Derek (there are many, many things) is that his favorite day of the WHOLE YEAR is ....drum roll...his birthday. I love that! And you know, I should think the most important day of the year is his birthday, too! Because without it, we wouldn't be married! So back to what I was saying- my birthday began last night. We had just finished watching Dear John, which we really enjoyed, when we went to sit on the balcony and bask in the warm summer breeze and look at the pretty night sky. Derek told me to wait while he got the computer. He brought it outside and asked me to click on his schedule for the next day (today). I did and it said, "Derek Takes the Day Off. It's Lauren's BIRTHDAY!!!" I was so happy I cried. Haha! I told him that no matter what other present he got me on my birthday, that one trumps all. I am constantly joking (but not really joking sometimes) with him about staying home and playing with me and Titan all day. And finally the day came! I was in Heaven. I was so happy I wanted to wake up Titan and have a party with the 3 of us. But...thankfully I didn't do that. Then Derek told me my family was going to meet me at this wonderful restaurant...maybe you've heard of it...Cracker Barrel...at 8 am. That made me even more happy!


So here we are, indulging in our Sourdough French Toast, Mexican Egg Scramble, Home Fries, Biscuits & Gravy and Double Fudge Coca-Cola Cake. Family always makes life so much better.

My mom offered to watch baby Titan for us while Derek took me on a fun-filled day. When I opened one of my presents, there was an itinerary for our day! It was awesome! We got pedicures at 9:30 (best pedicure I've ever had, by the way) while we watched The Price is Right. I've always loved that show. In these pictures, if you can tell, the lights hanging from the ceiling said "Wellcome" and "Thank's".


I guess a place that welcomes you with TWO L's is better than one! We had an entertaining time wondering what kind of junk these Vietnamese people were saying about our toes. It was interesting trying to understand them in their broken English, but they did a good job! Here is the finished product. Don't look too closely...

We took off to the movies to see Prince of Persia (excellent movie) and we HANDS DOWN had the best seats in the house. Not only was it not busy in the middle of the day, but we sat behind two extremely nerdy gamers. These two lanky looking dudes rip in to the row in front of us. One kid had socks pulled up to his shins with old school tennies and shorts. Every time Prince Dastan and Princess Tamina would say a funny line or get flirty, these two would BEAM in delight. (Mind you, these guys are like in their mid twenties). So yeah, that was fun.

We got back to mom's to get Titan and he was mad at me!!!! It's like he couldn't believe I had left him for all of 4 hours this morning. Made me sad!

Derek and I came home to play my new Tetris Party game and eat cheese crisps and Doritos. Let me just tell you something about this Tetris Party Deluxe game. Please Google when this game comes out. The release date isn't until June 1st! My husband, the lucky charm that he is, walked into Game Stop on the right day.The store had only one copy of this, which they were supposed to use as a Demo. The guy said no one had pre-ordered it so he went ahead and sold it to Derek. Amazing! But I'm not surprised. Derek is just good like that.

Later we went to Albertson’s to get some Ben & Jerry's (mmm…..) and sherbet (not as mmm….) and try this new place called Blue Pepper. If you live in El Paso, try it! It reminds me of a mix between Cafe Rio and Chipotle. It’s good! We came home and indulged in our dinner while we played Dig-Dug and got Titan ready for bed. And last but not least, a birthday would not be complete without some birthday lovin. Get your mind out of the gutter! We’re just watching The Notebook.

1 comment:

  1. So cute I am glad you had a good birthday. You are a sweet heart and deserve every bit of it.

    ReplyDelete