Monday, June 13, 2011

I stooped.

I had a huge blog post a while back about how much I despised Walmart. And guess what...

I went there today. And last week- twice.

Sometimes I feel like I'm in a relationship with Walmart. My husband was confused when I told him this. Ha! I just said that it makes me sick to think about how terrible they treat their employees but I love their low prices and the fact that it's a one-stop-shop.

But when I went today, a Walmart worker told me that she had a customer return meat that was over 2 months old (expired April 11th) and didn't realize the expiration until she got home. Turns out the meat didn't have the wrong date on it...it really was TWO MONTHS past expiration! Sick! So the lady said from that day on, she decided she will never buy Walmart meats again. Gross. Something to think about!

Also, I made some delectable homemade salsa tonight. I used a little over half of a yellow onion, three small tomatoes, a big clove of garlic that I roasted first in the toaster oven, 1 1/2 jalapenos, 1/3 bunch of cilantro, lime juice, salt and pepper. Just eye-ball it and make sure the ratios are good and voila! Delicious salsa. I kept it chunky instead of throwing it in the food processor. It was good like that. I ate it with some nachos! And if you're a carb free person like Derek, make nachos out of original flavored pork rinds. Yum!

2 comments:

  1. that look amazing, minus the pork rinds. buh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yum! Thanks for sharing... but I agree minus the pork rinds!

    ReplyDelete