Saturday, June 11, 2011

Oh, Atlanta.

Last night we ate at this little joint. Doesn't it just SOUND delicious? Who doesn't love carbs?


Even though Derek loves carbs, he is on a carb-free diet (bad place to go for dinner, I guess). So he settled with a Cesar salad while I indulged in this number:

I didn't say much about how good it was until he asked and then I just stared at him for a while before I said..."It is SOOOO good." Poor guy. But this diet has lost him between 25 and 30 pounds in a short amount of time so if anyone is looking to diet and still eat like a champ, let me know and I'll tell you his secret!

The restaurant above is called The Atlanta Bread company, but they are all over Georgia, so we have one close to home. We did, however, go to Atlanta the other day and here are some pictures:

The Braves Stadium


The Atlanta Skyline (or some of it)


Some weird shaped building downtown


And I had to take a picture of this...

I mean seriously. This is an intersection with NO SIGNS! There were so many like that, too! Four way stop lights, six way stop lights- no sign, no problem. It's like you have to be a psychic in Atlanta to know where you're going! And the rumors are true. EVERY SINGLE STREET starts with Peach. Peachtree Dunwoody crosses with Peachtree Industrial. And make sure you find Peachtree Lane because it's not the same as Peachtree Circle or Peachtree Way but they are 2 bloody streets apart! It is by all means insane. But somehow my master navigator husband found his way hahaha. What would I do without him?

We were going to go to The Aquarium (largest in the world) but decided against it since I woke up feeling crappy and Titan was a little on the cranky side. So we just went to the Mac Store and to Costco, then checked out downtown before coming home. I asked the guy at the Apple store if they ever got celebrities coming through their store (since Atlanta is a pretty famous city and there is only one Apple store). He said he sold a computer to Tom Hanks and that he's a pretty cool guy. He also said Justin Bieber graces them with his bratty presence every now and then and is a huge douchebag. Haha. He threw a fit because Apple wouldn't sell him their little kid chairs for $1,000. Anyway, Atlanta is a pretty happenin place. Maybe we'll go back before Derek leaves.

I'm already having a nervous breakdown just thinking about him leaving. In fact, yesterday I blacked out while driving and hit a curb before it shook me out of it. Weird. So, again...any takers on coming to visit me so I'm not so crazy and lonely? Haha

2 comments:

  1. Are you surviving the humidity? We miss you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG!! You have to go to the aquarium and the Coca-Cola bottling company! They are SO much fun! Titan would LOVE them both. They are both very interactive and fun. I traveled to Atlanta a lot for volleyball tournaments and those were the funnest! Keep looking around, you will find your niche.

    ReplyDelete