Thursday, June 30, 2011

The Chocolate Devil

Since I'm so domestic and all (ha), I decided to try this recipe I found via Mom the Intern (momtheintern.blogspot.com). I'm not a big sweet eater, and I definitely am not a chocolate fan but this was pretty dang good if I may say so myself. And so easy (which is why I made it).

They are chocolate cookies with peanut butter frosting in the middle and you make them like whoopie pies.

THE RECIPE:

1 Box Devil's Food Cake Mix
2 Eggs
1/3 Cup Oil
Add water as needed

Mix the first three ingredients together. If it's still a little dry, add a T of water at a time until it's just gooey enough to roll the batter into 1 inch balls.



Put about 12 balls of dough on a pan at one time (1-2 inches apart). Flatten them slightly. Bake 6-7 minutes at 350* (Don't over bake these; you want them to be soft)



The Frosting:

1/4 Cup Butter (softened)
1/2 Cup Creamy Peanut Butter
I just rinsed out the bowl I used for the cake mix. Save yourself a dish!



Mix the two together with an electric mixer until smooth.



Add 2 Cups of Powdered Sugar
1 t. Vanilla
2 T. Milk (or less...add one T at a time. You just want it to be creamy enough to spread)

Frost one side of a cookie and sandwich with another.


Flush down with a glass of milk and these guys are so so so good! Fast, easy, delicious. What more could you ask for when looking for a good afternoon snack? They keep well, too. And I heard you can freeze them if you wrap them individually. Hope you try it and I hope you like them as much as I did!

6 comments:

  1. I totally went to school with "mom the intern". And I love cake mix cookies!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw her blog off of your drop down side list via YOUR blog! hahaha That's how I found her in the first place!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those look so stinkin' good! I wanna bite the picture off the screen! HaHa! Good job! :) Maybe you can help us make some when you come!

    ReplyDelete
  4. mmmmmmm these look especially delightful!! I think I will go get stuff to make them this minute!!!
    The pictures are so cute too!!

    Mama

    ReplyDelete
  5. I used to make something like this all the time. We called them homemade oreos. The frosting was just a plain white frosting. The peanut butter frosting sounds good though. But try white sometime. It's delicious. Mmmm... I might have to find an excuse to make these sometime soon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yummm what's in the white frosting? Cream cheese and powdered sugar? I'll try it if you pass over the frosting recipe! : )

    ReplyDelete