Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Did you know?


Alright. I've decided my blog is ULTRA boring. So from here on out, I'm going to try and post more things. Interesting things. Ha! So, whether or not this is actually interesting to you, I am going to jot down 15 things about me once a week that I bet you didn't know. Hopefully I don't run out of things to say by the end of March.

1. I had ingrown toenails up until my first trimester when pregnant with Titan when I said "enough is enough!" and had them fixed! I didn't want to be 9 months pregnant with swollen toes that had ingrown toenails. Gross but true.

2. I have never had surgery before.

3. I've never broken a bone. (If you knew me as a young person, you'd think this was amazing! I did a lot of dumb things.)

4. I can stick my finger up my nose and make myself sneeze on demand. Wait, so far these are all kind of gross-ish. Anyways...

5. I cannot cook to save my life. I caught my kitchen on fire (and I'm talking a 6-8 inch high flame that reignited after I put it out the first time, with me frantically trying to figure out whether to put it out with the extinguisher or get the neighbors. Instead I blew it out with my own breath while 8.5 months pregnant and nearly passed out)

6. For years and years, I'd look out the window every night and make a wish on a star. But for ONE wish, I'd find THREE more stars and say things I was thankful for.

7. Derek had known about me for two months before talking to me. I had never seen him before. Since we had never talked and he didn't know my name, I was known as The White Skirt Girl, seeing as I wore the same skirt to church each week. (Come on, white matches with everything. I'm a practical person.) My wedding ring has the letters WSG engraved in the inside because of this nickname.

8. I hate celery. I tried for years to get myself to like it and I JUST CAN'T.

9. I can recite almost every line (ask my husband if I am exaggerating when I say EVERY LINE) of every character on every Disney movie Titan watches.

10. My least favorite household chore is unloading the dishwasher.

11. I dropped my cell phone in the toilet at McDonalds in Odessa on our way to Georgia and it miraculously came back to life. I still have it today!

12. My favorite thing to buy at Costco are the TortillaLand cookable tortillas. If you haven't tried them, do it!

13. I ran track all four years of high school but I hate running.

14. I was so tired of having braces for 3.5 years that I made my orthodontist remove them early so I wouldn't have braces in my senior year pictures for a trip I won to California. Now I have random gaps in my back teeth that also serve as meat-catchers. Disgusting.

15. I took first place for the state of New Mexico in Public Speaking for the DECA program, which is why I won the above trip!

5 comments:

  1. I never would've known any of those things! Love it! I can't cook either...well I could if I tried but quite frankly I just don't like it and also too lazy. My best qualities are my abilities to swear, eat, clean, organize, swear, tease and laugh...and swear. Hahaha. I wish you knew how jealous I was of you in college. Stupid me but I'm just the jealous type. But I was kinda lame so you were probably better off! Haha but I missed out on your friendship and I'm regretting it now! You are awesome. Derek and your kids are so lucky!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love your posts like this! lots of interesting things i didn't know. i think it's so cute that your wedding band has WSG enscribed in it and that you wished on stars :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. one persons boring is another persons exciting. I like your blog and never think it's dull.
    ps i hate emptying the dishwasher too!!! i hope you're doing well with that cute new baby!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are so full of it! I used to read your posts to Aaron ALL the time and he thinks you're one funny chick. I think you've come up in a billion conversations that I can simply refer to use as Lauren and he knows who I'm talking about. Am I weird or what?!
    ps. I would soo empty your dishwasher if you'd load mine.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my cute Lar! I am excited to see all your fun posts ALWAYS! Thanks for blogging..I love to stalk! I love you!

    ReplyDelete